There are a million factors that can contribute to the overall appearance of your skin, but this week we are sharing with you a few simple steps, that we can almost guarantee, will help in your quest for a clear and glowing complexion.
1. Drink more Water! Just like everything, your skin requires adequate hydration. If moisturizer isn’t cutting it, try picking up your H20 intake to avoid dry and flaky skin (we recommend 3ltrs a day!).
2. Green Tea has natural anti-inflammatory properties in it. Regular consumption comes highly recommended for those suffering from red or blotchy skin.
3. Be sun smart! We know you’ve heard it before, but it’s advice you should take on board. The application of 30+ sunblock reduces the signs of ageing and the chances of things like sun spots, melasma, or more seriously melanoma.
4. Exfoliate – one of our favourites is mixing sugar with lemon juice. It creates a gentle exfoliant ideal for the whole face! Massage in a circular motion and for even better results, leave it for 5-10 minutes before washing off. (Lemon juice is a natural alpha hydroxy acid that removes dead skin cells)
5. Honey! It contains antibacterial properties that can restore the moisture balance in your skin resulting in a natural glowing complexion. It can also help in pimple reduction! If you are going to give this one a try, we recommend you use Manuka Honey.
6. Sleep. Maintaining a proper sleeping cycle will help rejuvenate dull skin. This will result in a more youthful and glowing complexion with less need for concealer to hide tired eyes.
8. Eat foods packed with antioxidants. Goji berries, Acai berries, Spinach, Blueberries and Pomegranates are all great sources and a great place to start!.
9. Use nontoxic cleaning products as harmful chemicals can be absorbed by your skin.
10. Detox! Our Detox PM tea contains an array of different herbs tightly effective for the lymphatic system. If you aren’t regularly detoxing, congestion of the lymph system is a possible reason why it can’t keep up with the load of toxins in your system, which can effectively create or intensify an acne condition.
Note: During the first few days of your detox it is not uncommon to experience more pimples (as it is all the nasties coming out of your skin) and then extremely clear and glowing skin moving forward.